As the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering continues to grow, the faculty and students keep things exciting with great accomplishments and honors. We want to recognize some of the recent accomplishments with AME kudos’.
- Dr. Rong Gan and Dr. Takumi Hawa for receiving $619,001 from the U.S. Department of Defense, Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity for their research project, “Biomechanical Modeling and Measurement of Blast Injury and Hearing Protection Mechanisms.”
- Dr. Li Song for receiving $272,020 from the U.S. Department of Defense for her research project, “Demonstration of a Building Automation System Embedded Performance Degradation Detector Using Virtual Water/Air Flow Meters.”
- Joshua Page, senior in Aerospace Engineering, was selected as one of 52 Air Force ROTC cadets from across the nation to attend the Euro-NATA Joint Jet Pilot Training Program. His selection to the program was recently featured in the Norman Transcript: http://www.normantranscript.com/news/article_c1ea4390-441e-11e4-a70a-c30ca12f481e.html
- Arun Balakrishnan, Ph.D. candidate in Aerospace Engineering, (Faculty Advisor: S.R. Gollahalli) for receiving a Robberson Conference Presentation & Creative Exhibition Travel Grant in the amount of $500.
- Juan Felipe Correa Pugliese, M.S. candidate in Mechanical Engineering, (Faculty Advisor: Wilson Merchan-Merchan) for receiving a Robberson Conference Presentation & Creative Exhibition Travel Grant in the amount of $500.