Students have been selected to receive GCoE Dissertation Excellence Award

Six students have been selected to receive a Gallogly College of Engineering Dissertation Excellence Award for $5,000. Jelena Milisavljevic and Anand Balu Nellippallil advised by Farrokh Mistree and Janet Allen, Madhumitha Ramachandran advised by Zahed Siddique, and Mehrad Amirkhosravi and Maya Pishvar advised by Cengiz Altan.

Mehrad Amirkhosravi is currently a Ph.D. candidate at AME working as a research assistant in the Composite Manufacturing Labratory under Dr. Cengiz Altan. He is on track to compete his doctoral studies by Spring of 2019 and is very thankful for this award.

“I believe this generous support will provide a better atmosphere for me and reduce my financial concerns, thus helping me to focus on my research and career goals in the last year of my Ph.D.” – Amirkhosravi

Another one of Altan’s students, Maya Pishvar is also working on her Ph.D. candidacy in Mechanical Engineering with an interest in processing science of polymeric composites. This scholarship is helping her achieve her educational goals by allowing her to alleviate financial stress and spend more time finishing her dissertation.

“In addition, receiving this award increased my feeling of accountability towards completing my degree.” -Pishvar

Ph.D. Student Madhumitha Ramachandran’s dissertation focuses on the developement of data-driven approaches for condition monitoring, real-time prognostics and fault detection of dynamic seals in oil and gas applications.

“This award will supplement my research stipend and provide flexibility build broader theoretical perspectives to address challenges in oil and gas industry with respect to dynamic seals. Also, it has lightened my financial stress which would allow me to focus more on publishing my scholarly work in peer-reviewed journals.” – Madhumitha