Coming to England has given me so many opportunities I never imagined I could have. I have been able to meet and talk to so many different people from all over the world! A great way to meet people is through programs that are put on by the International Student Association at the school. It is wonderful to get with the other international students and compare their journey here so far with my own. This past weekend, the activity was visiting Stonehenge and Bath. I was very excited to go to Stonehenge and see one of the seven wonders of the world. I was not disappointed. It felt surreal seeing in person what I have heard about back home. You aren’t allowed to touch the stones anymore, but we were able to get rather close with the barriers. You basically just walk in a complete circle around the stones, but it was an amazing experience.

Next, we had an hour bus ride to Bath. Here, we had a guided tour through the city, learning about all the history of the Roman Baths and how the city was created. It is fascinating to walk on roads that have such a rich history and see the baths the Romans felt were so sacred. We took an audio tour through the hot spring baths and took a drink from the mineral water. It has over 40 minerals in it, if I remember correctly, but it did not taste good AT ALL! It reminded me of the taste of a penny, but it is suppose to be the healthiest water in the world!

This weekend, my friends and I are taking a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland. We’ll be on a bus 8 hours overnight to get there, but I can’t wait to do more traveling! I will try to figure out how to put up pictures soon. Cheers!