The Spring 2014 semester has officially started and I couldn’t help but start to notice that things were changing. Then I realized that it is my fourth semester at the best university in the nation.  How could it possibly be my fourth semester in Norman?  Time sure does fly when you are having fun; it seems like just yesterday I was moving into Couch tower, getting lost in Norman, and exploring this wonderful campus I now call home.

Now that we as Sophomores are starting to figure out our majors and have scattered around campus based on our individual interests, I am starting to miss the days that we all took the same classes together in Dale Hall or all walked to class together on the South Oval.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t miss being surrounded by five hundred of my peers listening to a lecture I’m not interested in, but what happened to seeing familiar faces in class?  I walk into my upper division classes now without setting foot on the South Oval and I recognize maybe two or three faces in the room.

We are no longer freshmen, and we have all come a long way since last year.  I congratulate each and every member of the class of 2016 for making it this far; we are almost half way there!  As we continue through the next two and a half years (or so) remember that we are the class of 2016 and that will remain with us far beyond graduation, giving us an eternal connection to the one and only University of Oklahoma.

Your Class of 2016 Council Secretary,

Sam Pusar