We’re all sitting in class waiting for our history professor to start the class. We’re sitting in pretty much the same seats we all sat in on day 1, making small talk with the people around us. I get my laptop out as I see the professor opening the day’s powerpoint presentation. Just another day of notes. She walks to the middle of the stage, though, to make a brief announcement that rocked my world.

“Today is important for two reasons. One, it’s the last day to drop a class without petitioning the dean. And, two, it officially marks the end of the first two thirds of this class. We’re getting close to being finished.”

What?! Almost finished? We just started, didn’t we?

I began looking back at my first weeks of college and how quickly they passed. It was bittersweet. On the one hand, I felt so grown up being an established college student with good grades and new relationships. I couldn’t help but think, though, that it all went by a little too quickly for my liking. I can already tell that my parents weren’t lying when they said that college would be four of the best years of my life, and I’ll be depressed if they fly by like this. How do I slow things down and enjoy each moment? I’ll let you know if I figure it out.