Ah….winter break is over. It was so awesome. I read tons of books, maybe about 10 or 11 in all, and I spent some much needed time with my family. It really takes a semester away at college to show me how much my family truly means to me. All part of the college experience, eh? Anywho, bottom line is that break is over. Which means school is back in session.

What are my goals for this semester? Well for one thing, I want to keep up my stable relationship with O. Chem. I’m in O. Chem II now and I can already tell the class is gonna be a tough one. But, hopefully, I’ll find an effective study technique and do well in this class, like I did well in O. Chem I. My, my, my. Has it really been about 6 months since the start of my relationship with O. Chem? Unbelievable…

I’m also taking the lab component of O. Chem II, Spanish II, Intro to Health Professions, and an Honors course called “The 60’s.” NO MORE MATH CLASSES!!!!! I’m so happy for that. Math was never my forte and I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it anymore.

What else to update on? Well since the semester has just started, things are still kind of slow, but I’m sure things will be picking up pace soon. I’ll update on other aspects of my life, then. Let’s see. I read some really, really good books over the break, but there was one particular book that left a very good impression on me. “Skeletons at the Feast” by Chris Bohjalian takes place during the last few years of WWII and mainly focuses on a German family’s attempt to cross the Third Reich and arrive at safer areas. The book was so awesome. If you’re a WWII junkie like I am or if you just want to read a really good novel, I recommend you check it out.

Anyway, I think that’s it for now. O. Chem is calling my name so I must go. He’s a very needy fellow, O. Chem. I hope all of you are having a great new year!

Boomer Sooner!

2 Responses to “O. CHEM Part Deux?!”

1. ElizabethR on January 31st, 2010 9:55 pm

I’m so jealous of your 60s class! I love that time period – I even learned how to tye dye from the wife of someone who owned a shop called Jungle Jim’s here in Norman back in the day!

2. MinhN on February 8th, 2010 1:20 am

That’s so cool! I know the Honors College is offering a course called “America in the 60s” for the next fall semester. So if you’re interested in that time period (I’m not much of a 60s girl myself. I tend to be more interested in the 30s-40s era), you should check it out. =]