So PLC, President’s Leadership Class, is this organization I’m a part of that is basically an amazing ball of greatness. It’s a scholarship I was nominated for and it’s only for freshmen, usually leaders in high school.  We, 100 individuals, get together every Tuesday to discuss important topics on campus, listen to guest speakers  such as “The Bob Stoops”, have dinners with our incredible President David Boren, and pretty much have fun. In our last meeting, we were all blessed in being able to listen to Dr. George Henderson. He is a truly marvelous man who was the University’s 3rd African American faculty member, an inductee of the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame and the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Now, I’m not saying our past guest speakers haven’t motivated me, because each has in many ways, but Dr. George Henderson’s speech really hit me hard. He inspired me to desire to make my name known on campus, to make my voice heard. He reminded me to talk to my professors, do extra work, offer extra help, write a letter instead of email, to be the best person I can be. Thank you Dr. Henderson, thank you PLC for the opportunity to meet him, thank you OU for the opportunity to be the best me.