Hi everyone!

My name is Minh and I’m a sophomore here at OU! To start things off, I’ll just ramble a little bit about myself! Kay, here we go. I was born overseas, but grew up in good ol’ Oklahoma City. Got done with high school in OKC, moved on up to Norman where I lived in the dorms my freshman year. Fast forward a year later (Yes, I survived freshman year! Who would have thought, huh? It’s not that bad, guys. Seriously.) and here I am! I’m a Microbiology major and am currently taking my first MBIO class. I’m totally loving it, which is such a relief! It’s always nice to know you’ve chosen the right major for yourself.

I Boomer Blogged last year and really enjoyed the experience, so I’m back again to document my sophomore year for all the prospective students. I’m going to try to be a little more creative this year and provide some pictures of my everyday experiences at OU. No picture for this blog, but I promise there will be some images in futures blogs! For this blog, I’ll go ahead and tell you how my year has started off.

First off, I’m no longer living in the dorms. I’ve moved back home and it’s just really brightened up my college experience. The dorms were pretty nice and comfortable, but living at home has provided me with some really nice support from my family. Plus, my house is about 20 minutes from OU, so it’s not really that long of a commute, anyway. But living at home has really given me a new perspective on OU. Since I can’t just go back to my dorms like I used to during freshman year, I’ve managed to scope out some really awesome study areas around campus and have really seen how OU is just built for comfort. There are seriously thousands of places students can just plop down and settle down for some study time (or nap-time). =]

Secondly, my classes this semester are just great. My schedule consists of Physics, Microbiology, Microbiology Lab, Beginning Guitar for Non-Music Majors, Love/Sex/Race, and Death, Grief, and Growth. Sounds like quite the schedule, huh? I think it’s a pretty nice balance of science and humanities classes. I’m enjoying all of my classes so far. There’s a TON of reading, but I honestly don’t feel like I’m reading schoolwork since it’s all so interesting. Ah..the feelings of a successful school schedule. Nothing can beat it. =] Loving my classes. Snaps for Minh for choosing awesome classes this semester! *Snap*Snap*Snap*.

Thank you. What else to talk about? Hm…OH! I think getting involved and volunteering your time is so important and I’m sure a lot of OU students feel the same. It’s good to not only get involved on campus, but to get involved off campus as well. This year, I wanted to really start focusing on giving my time back to the community. So I’ve been volunteering my time at the Children’s Hospital at the OU Health Sciences Center and have also applied to volunteer at a family and children center in Norman. Volunteering is so rewarding and I know that plenty of students at OU give their time for worthy causes. I’d even go so far as to say it’s a critical value here at OU! Annnnnd, I think that’s enough for this blog. I promise to take some pictures to post on here next time!  Hope ya’ll have a good one! Boomer Sooner!