This is a rare occurrence. I’m sitting in the library, and it’s only 9 a.m. What is the world coming to? I’ve never studied this early before unless you count cramming in reading before class or something like that. I’m just rarely up this early unless I have somewhere to be, because I’m usually up until one or two in the morning studying. And believe you me, 7:00 a.m. comes reeeaaaaallly quickly when you’ve only been asleep since two.

I used to consider myself not a morning person. I mean, I’ve never been the cranky type or whatnot, but I don’t really like the morning because it means departing from my deliciously comfortable bed. And yet, sitting here at 9 a.m., I love it. Absolutely love it.

It’s so peaceful. No one is talking and everyone is working hard. And because I’ve just come out of a good night’s sleep, my head is clear and I’m feeling remarkably productive. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to figure out, but I think I may be completely changing my study habits from now on.

I’m going to try pulling a Ben Franklin. Early to bed, early to rise. I just hope the wealthy and wise show up sooner rather than later.