Hi there! It’s been a long while since my last blog, time for a serious update! Life has been crazy lately! I cannot believe that it’s already December and finals are almost here! Between classes, school work, and life, you rarely have a break for some “me time.” When you get those moments, take them! They are few and far between.

Other than classes, I’ve been keeping busy with various activities. I’m on Winter Welcome Week exec this fall, and we are so busy planning events for the first week back from winter break, but it’s one of my favorite activities! We meet every Monday and have a good time planning WWW 2011! It’s so much fun, we all joke around with each other, but some how we get the job done. I’m definitely ready (even though Christy French, WWW Chair, may not be…) for the first week back from break to be here to see all of our hard work pay off! It’s going to be awesome. Then again, I’m ready for a nice and long break, so Winter Welcome Week, you don’t have to be here just yet!

Regular season football is over, and now it’s time for some post-season fun! This past weekend was the last Big XII Championship ever, and we beat Nebraska, one of OU’s biggest rivals and the team responsible for disbanding the Big XII Conference. I was there, cheering on the Oklahoma Sooners in my crimson and cream, and it was one of my favorite games of season! My other favorite game was the one at Mizzou, even though we lost. My best friend and I made the trip all the way to Columbia, Missouri, for College Game Day and the game, and even though we didn’t come back with a win, the trip was definitely worth it! Katy and I met Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit, and if you know me, you know I could NOT pass up a photo op with Corso and Herbie! (Now all I need is one with the ESPN love of my life, Scott Van Pelt! Someday, someday.)

Our road trip was the best! I would definitely recommend taking a road trip at least once your freshman year! It was the best weekend ever, and a great way to make even more memories! Plus, every once in a while, you need to get out of Norman and go do something crazy and fun! Just take a break from life at OU for a few days, and don’t just go home! Go somewhere new and different! It was just what we needed, and we were both rejuvenated and ready to be back in Norman after that weekend!

Since my last blog, lots of things have happened other than football season, but for some reason nothing huge is coming to my mind. I mean, I guess the guys from The Buried Life came and spoke, and so did Leigh Anne Tuohy (the actual person that Sandra Bullock plays in The Blind Side). I mean I guess that’s kind of interesting… 150% Sarcastic! It was AWESOME! I love The Blind Side and The Buried Life, so having the real Leigh Anne Tuohy, and Ben, Dave, Jonnie, and Duncan at OU was pretty much AMAZING! I didn’t get to meet Leigh Anne, but I got to meet all of the guys and snap a pic with them! Plus, they asked “what do you want to do before you die?” and I got to tell them one thing on my list! It was the absolute best! Oh, and it was free! Free events are the best when you’re a college student. Always take free stuff. Always.

Trust me, there’s always something going on at OU! From study groups (yes, you do go to college to get an education, so you need to study, and they can be fun!) to awesome speakers to game day, there’s literally something for everyone and there’s always something going on!

The amazing former Oklahoma Sooner Courtney Paris once said, “I was six years old when I realized that women could do anything. The University of Oklahoma allowed me to be the first woman to do a lot of things. My time at OU was a dream come true.” I can’t believe that this semester is nearly finished, and when I look back, I can’t believe how much I have already done at the University of Oklahoma. Courtney Paris was completely right about her time at OU being a dream come true, because that’s exactly how I feel, and I’m only a freshman! That’s all I have for now, but you can bet that I’ll be back with some more amazing stories from my time at OU! I can’t wait until you have your own amazing OU story! 🙂

BOOMER SOONER!

One Response to “Life is so good when you’re a SOONER!”

1. KatyClarke on December 13th, 2010 2:36 am

Ahhh soo.. don’t know if i’m supposed to comment on these or not?? But regardless… I love it! And i’m sooo super proud of you for having one of these! Couldn’t have asked for a better person to roadtrip to Mizzou with me! 🙂

(and btw Kirk soooo likes me better) 😉