Hello friends!

I don’t know about you guys, but I cannot believe that it is already October. Seems like yesterday I was walking around campus for my first day of college and now I am in my third semester. Time really does fly in college, which is why I will be giving you guys tips on how to be efficient with your school work while having the most fun you will probably ever have in your life.

Let’s start with something we are probably encountering within the next couple weeks: midterms. We all loathe them and worry about them because we don’t really know what to expect, especially as freshmen. But have no fear…you will make it through. My advice when it comes to any major exam is simple: start studying AT LEAST a week before. This piece of advice seems easy, but I promise you it’s not. I cannot even tell you how many times I would make other plans instead of studying because I thought I could afford to spend my time doing more fun things. When it comes close to test time, I highly encourage putting a timeout on some of your extracurriculars to study. You will be thankful in the long run, because you are here to get a degree, right?

Notice that I said put a timeout on SOME extracurriculars. You have to have fun. There is nothing worse than being stressed out and having no fun. Study for an hour, grab a friend to go get a Sprittle at Classics for a study break. Study and then go take a break and relieve some stress at the Huff. Do not torture yourself and study for 35185 hours straight. 1) That will ruin you in the long run because your brain cannot function that long. 2) Who wants to study that long in one sitting anyway? TAKE BREAKS.

Join a club, make your own club, meet new people, or just do the things you wish you always could. College is the time to branch out. Because what better time to step out of your comfort zone and do something you have only dreamed of than here at the University of Oklahoma?

Boomer Sooner!

Katherine Williams
Decatur, TX
Class of 2015
Human Relations

One Response to “Study tips”

1. employee safety training on September 1st, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks Katherine.