As a freshman, the first two months of college are probably the greatest and most overwhelming two months of freshman year. Being at OU is incredible, because it’s almost impossible to be bored, lonely, or hungry. There are so many friendly people to meet. There are over 400 clubs and organizations you can be involved in. There are countless options on where to eat. There are so many places to study (…or take naps). And, there is so much TIME!

In college, you’re on your own schedule.  Great time management is a skill that is essential in life. What you do with your time is completely up to you. In fact, everything you do in college is essentially your decision. You choose who your friends are. You decide on which clubs to join. You settle into your own study habits.

My advice to prospective students is to be fearless. Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself! Everybody at OU is very welcoming. Don’t be afraid to ask questions in class or get to know your professors. The university’s professors are always more than willing to help their students succeed. Don’t be afraid to join clubs. It’s a great way to meet people and network. And lastly, don’t be afraid to be a leader, even if you’re “just” a freshman. It’s amazing how many leadership opportunities the university has to offer to all of it’s students.

I can honestly say that OU already feels like home to me. I love everything about the university, from its beautiful campus to its crimson and cream pride. I have always been a huge OU fan ever since I was young, but I never fully understood how truly amazing the university was until I was actually a student here. I encourage anyone who is interested in OU to take a campus tour — you’ll soon realize why the University of Oklahoma is such a wonderful place to be.

BOOMER SOONER!

Tina Nguyen
Mustang, Oklahoma
Class of 2016
Psychology and Communications