I came to the University of Oklahoma for the Meteorology program but I found out that there was so much more to offer at this amazing school than an awesome degree program. Starting at my very first campus tour, the University of Oklahoma was more than I imagined it could be. I felt like I belonged from the start and I knew there was something special about this university.

Throughout my experience at the University of Oklahoma, I have gained more than an education. I have gained lifelong friendships, leadership skills, professional experience and a sense of belonging. There were challenges along the way but there was never a problem that someone was not eager to help me solve. The Sooner family cares about your success and strives to provide the resources to help you achieve your goals.

Being a part of the Sooner family is much more than simply attending the University of Oklahoma. Being a part of the Sooner family is getting goose bumps every time you hear the OU chant, walking down the south oval, meeting people from all over the world, and feeling like you are a part of something that truly matters.  This university has played an integral part in who I am and has influenced who I strive to be in the future. I encourage everyone to take the plunge and join the Sooner family because your life will be forever changed!

Riely Pickos
Meteorology
Zion, Illinois