Web accessibility is important. Besides the fact that it is a federal requirement, you never want to limit your audience. Taking the proper steps to ensure that you do not exclude anyone with a disability from being able to access your website would be the difference between a success and a failure.
We’ve been using Day Communique (OU’s content management system) since June 2007 and have been going to the Day customer summit (now called “Day Ignite”) ever since. Sometimes people ask us why we attend each year and I can honestly say it’s not for the fun (though there’s plenty of it). Three of us attended this year and since we just got back I thought I’d spout off the top 5 reasons we go and find value in the summit each year: Read more
We have a new solution in the CMS for creating your own forms. I love it for three reasons.
1) It’s so easy even I can create a form
2) It’s free up to a certain number of submissions
3) It’s called Wufoo – how can you not love something called Wufoo?
We are proud to release our first undergraduate research video that spotlights The University of Oklahoma Sooner Racing Team.
Not long ago in a magical land of OU Web Communications, a new, alternative approach to campus websites was born. It became known as the QuickStart migration, and it promised a fast-track migration into the OU content management system. Read more
You may have heard about the new kid in town. The OU Campus Calendar is live and ready to be utilized by the university. Still in the Beta stage, we are really excited to see how it grows and becomes an integral part of campus life.
How do you become a part of it?
- To submit events to be considered for the OU homepage, click here.
- (Don’t forget to read the guidelines to make sure your event qualifies)
- Departments have the capability of implementing their own departmental calendar. Contact the calendar team to get your own departmental calendar through the CMS.