Here we come awards season!

There are Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, and Webbies. You may have heard of some of these. We haven’t taken any of these home (yet), but lately we have submitted our work to some other awards in the field of social media and video.

And it’s about that time when the letters of rejection or congratulations start rolling in.

Our first letter came yesterday. We were nervous. Well, I was…because I was opening it. But I knew what it would say inside (mostly because I’m an optimist and I know our team rocks).

I skimmed the letter furiously to find the key words. I didn’t see the words “sorry” or “next year” popping out at me. There’s hope! The second sentence grabbed my attention. It was bold. It read…

Your work was selected as a Winner.

We won! That’s literally what I blurted out loud. All productivity for the next 30 minutes was lost.

We have been awarded a Communicator Award for the OU Sooner Racing video produced by Senior New Media Specialist, Kam Stocks.

Check out the winning video!

It’s always fun to submit to awards. We haven’t done much of this in the past, but it has been our goal to work on this.

More letters should be rolling in soon, and we’ll keep you posted on the fate of our egos. 😉 It’s really not that dramatic, but who wants to read a post about people winning awards. BORING. Right? We also like to make fun of ourselves. We’d like to think we have a sense of humor.

One thought on “Here we come awards season!