Our team spent the past few months preparing for the upgrade to CQ 5.4. A lot of the upgrade will result in behind-the-scene changes to the CMS; however, we wanted to outline it for you.
To complete the 5.4 upgrade, we must bring the authoring environment down for a short period of time. CQ websites and calendars cannot be edited during this time:
- 5 p.m. to midnight Tuesday, July 26
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 27 until 8 a.m. Monday, August 1
The scheduled outage and upgrade will not impact your live website or calendar. Content published before 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 26 will be transferred to 5.4.
Here are a few of the upgrades that users will notice.
- Page Annotation – Users can leave sticky notes and comments in author.
- Workflow Inbox – It’s actually called Inbox in 5.4., and owners may now sort workflows.
- Event content can be reviewed in the workflow inbox.
- Adding Components – When a component is added to a page, it will not automatically open up the dialog box. Our team has identified this as something to address after the upgrade is complete.
- Slideshow – After the upgrade is complete, our team will continue work on a solution for reordering slides within the slideshow component.