Pinterest Interest

Pinterest is not just for crafts, recipes, and wedding planning anymore. According to a recent Shareaholic study, Pinterest drives more traffic that Google Plus, LinkedIn, and YouTube combined. In January 2012, it ranked just behind content-sharing giants Google and Twitter. Mashable says Pinterest is social media’s rising star. Time magazine listed Pinterest as one of the 50 best websites of 2011. So what?Pinterest logo

We like Pinterest because it is a great tool to share and cross-promote content. In fact, we recently set up a Pinterest account for OU to do exactly that. If you have an interest in Pinterest (sorry, I couldn’t help myself), here are two resources about Pinterest’s potential:

So, when you generate content on your website or blog, think about how it can be re-purposed or shared across multiple networks. An image can be worth a thousand words.

-a2e

One thought on “Pinterest Interest

1. Great article. I have just recently started using pinterest and i can definitely see its staying power in social media land. I just have to figure out how it will help me. Your article gave me some great tips thanks!