There have been many forms of marketing and communications collaboration groups over the past 15 years at the University of Oklahoma, but this time we’re going to be focusing on things a bit differently. Let’s face it – there are a LOT of things happening on our campus in any given month and it’s very difficult for us all to help each other promote common messaging if we’re not all on the same page. That’s why we wanted to start a new collaboration group that would allow us to all align our messaging not only with the administration, but also with each other. There are also a lot of new marketing professionals on our campus and we want to make sure everyone has a place to collaborate and share important upcoming priorities.
Please let us know if you would like to join the Integrated Marketing Group for OU and we’d be happy to have you! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This month we’ll hear about a new campus calendar coming that will be SO much easier to use, submit events, and share on social media. It will also be a much more user-friendly design. Katy Bergman will show off the new calendar features and share a timeline for moving current calendars to the new system and how you can start your own public calendar through this new system.
We’ll also discuss the upcoming month’s editorial calendar with Candace Timmons and Morgan Day. Please bring your marketing efforts for the month as well so that we fill in the campus editorial calendar with your news and events!
More information on topics discussed can be found below:
- Thousands Strong: Show your support for programs and initiatives that will have a direct impact on the OU community by giving to one of the latest projects!
- Project start date: February 15
- Promotional date: February 29
- Teach-In on the First World War: Six of the world’s leading scholars on World War I will come to OU’s Norman campus to give a series of lectures, open to the public, on the history and the legacy of the Great War.
- March 7
- Soonerhton 2016: Soonerthon is the official philanthropy event of the Campus Activities Council at the University of Oklahoma! Soonerthon benefits Oklahoma’s children by raising money for the Oklahoma Children’s Hospital Foundation and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- March 5
- Universidad de Oklahoma: OU’s new Facebook page in Spanish!
- Sooner Stories Podcast: The University of Oklahoma is a one-of-a-kind research university with programs as diverse as its students, faculty, staff and fans. This podcast tells these stories and explores the finer details and behind-the-scenes information that help bring headlines to life.
- Latest episode is about Universidad de Oklahoma and should be out later this week!
- Gary England’s Tornado Alley: This Sooner Series consists of short, entertaining videos that will give people of all ages a better understanding of Oklahoma’s severe weather patterns and events.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- New series coming soon: El Nino
- Valentine’s Day Sooner Style:
- Watercolor Valentines for Sooner Nation
- Sooner Couples Photo Album
- Sooner Love Stories Feature
- #TBT to the installation of the LOVE Sculpture
- Parent Ambassadors Program: A blog for OU Parents by OU Parents
- Galileo’s World: An exhibition without walls
- 20 exhibits, 7 locations, 3 campuses
- Latino Flavor:
- March 2, 11:00-3:00
- OU Bound App: Becoming a Sooner has never been easier, thanks to this interactive, intuitive app!
- Parent Blog about this
- Flowchart (coming soon!)