Brad PerryAME spring 2012 mechanical engineering graduate Bradley Perry from Yukon, Okla., received the prestigious National Science Foundation Research Fellowship.

The fellowship allows Perry to go to any graduate school, and will pay for all tuition and fees, along with a stipend for living expenses.  It also will give him access to travel funds and use of a super computer for research.

Multiple schools recruited Perry, but in the end he chose the University of California at Berkeley.

Perry wants to be an engineering professor, a goal he decided upon after spending time with AME associate professor of Aerospace Engineering, Peter Attar.

“I started doing undergraduate research for Dr. Attar.  He really cares about his students.  He cares about them understanding the theory behind the research.  I became a better researcher under Dr. Attar, and I realized I wanted to be like him and understand the theory behind everything I do,” said Perry.

While an AME student, Perry was also an active member of the Sooner Off Road student competition team.