The wait is finally over. Your bags and boxes are packed; your car is stuffed to the brim, and you are heading to Norman to start your new college journey. Move-In Day is the first of many thrilling experiences that you’ll have at OU, and we are here to break down the 2016 Move-In process.
Dates and Times:
Panhellenic Move-In: Wednesday, August 10 – 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cate Center and David L. Boren Hall: Wednesday, August 17 – 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Upperclass students also will move in at this time
Adams, Couch and Walker Centers: Thursday, August 18 – 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Be sure to check your OU email for your Move-In time, which will be sent out closer to Move-In Day.
Important Things To Know:
- Get your Sooner Card prior to Move-In. This is your ticket in.
- Students will only be allowed to go through the Move-In service ONE time.
- We encourage you to bring no more than two vehicles. If you arrive with two vehicles, it is important that you stay together through the process.
- Don’t come before your designated Move-In time, and don’t come later than your designated Move-In time. We have a set amount of workers for each Move-In time, and we don’t want to overwhelm the process with early or late arrivals.
- Bring snacks and water. The process may take awhile so be sure to keep your energy up.
- GET EXCITED!
- Using your Sooner Card, you will check in at Lloyd Noble Center. Once you are there, we will swipe your Sooner Card and give you a hangtag that contains all of the details about the Move-In process.
- Follow traffic directions to your residence hall. Don’t worry, there will be many volunteers waiting to direct you and answer any questions you might have.
- Once you arrive at your residence hall, you will be greeted by our third-party workers ready to unpack your car. Once they have unloaded everything, they will take it up to your room while you head back to Lloyd Noble Center to park your car.
- Hop on one of the free shuttles, and head back to your residence hall.
- Once you arrive, grab the keys to your new room. If you are in Couch or Walker Center, head to your hall to pick up your key. If you are in Cate or Adams Center, head to the key tent.
- Head up to your room, begin unpacking and settle in!
- Check out the information fair or the Sooner Orientation Weekend tent!