“FAU could upset Oklahoma… and @Lane_kiffin is going to have them believing that they could do it.” – Fox Sports Twitter.
That tweet was almost as funny as the mass text FAU’s Alumni Association sent out claiming they beat us after our 63-14 victory: “FAU just beat #7 ranked OU on their home field. Let’s celebrate by helping more FAU athletes.” It was a good laugh and helps me to transition into a great list of dos and don’ts for football games before tomorrow’s matchup against UCLA.
- Stay hydrated
- Make sure you eat enough
- If you are with someone or a group, stay close together at the stadium entrance
- Remember, ladies and gentlemen, that you can only bring clear bags to the stadium now
- Have your ticket printed out or pulled up on your phone before you need to scan it (please don’t be the person fumbling and making everyone wait)
- Bring sunscreen
- Yell and chant “Boomer Sooner” as much as possible
- Take pictures for social media at the beginning of the game (not the end)
- Use the restroom during a commercial break instead of at halftime when everyone else does
- Yell “Texas Sucks” even if we aren’t playing them (because that’s always appropriate)
- Forget your ticket
- Leave the game early
- Be afraid to get loud
- Be rude to others
- Leave your trash
These are just a couple of dos and don’ts that I have learned throughout my college football games. Each of them should make your experience much more pleasant. Have a great game day and Boomer Sooner!