What We Love About OU

Leslie at the 2019 Camp Crimson Orientation Staff Retreat.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Sooners! It’s a day of celebrating love and whether or not you have a significant other, there’s still plenty of love to go around. The love you have for your family, friends or anything else can also be celebrated today. For those of us at Housing and Food Services, we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by highlighting something we all love: the University of Oklahoma. Here are some of the things that the MarCom interns love about being Sooners!

Leslie: I love how people at OU are always encouraging you to be better than what you were a day ago. Whether that be academically, socially or in any other aspect, people on campus are always supportive. I probably wouldn’t have the confidence to be in the leadership positions I am in now if it weren’t for the people encouraging me to grow.

Lauren: I love the community that there is on campus and how there’s always someone on to talk to or to make you feel at home. It’s nice to know that I never have to feel alone because the people at OU are so inclusive and welcoming.

Niels: I love food and OU has so many great food options. I also think it’s awesome how the menus are expanding to include people who have specific food allergies or specialty diets so they can still get a taste of what campus has to offer.

Alee: I love how homey OU feels. I can walk down the South Oval and see a lot of familiar faces and I’m always greeted with a smile. Even if I see people I don’t know, I don’t feel like a complete stranger because that’s the culture at OU; it’s a home. 

Hayley’s 2018 U-Sing cast.

Hayley: I love all the different ways you can be involved on campus. When they say there’s something for everyone, there really is something for everyone. You have the opportunity to meet people with similar interests while participating in an organization that is designed for your passions.

As far as college campuses go, OU is a pretty easy place to love and the people only make it better. If I had to spend four Valentine’s Days anywhere, I would want it to be at the school I love. Boomer Sooner!