I have found in college that I have let myself go–I realize this is something that just normally happens to women after they are older and have had kids and no longer have time for themselves.  Yet for me this is my life now.  I am over-involved, I work, and I am taking 18 hours. Needless to say that my extra curricular activities are my life.  There are days where you will not shower just to save 30 minutes in the morning.  I find myself lying in bed when my alarm goes off debating how bad my hair would look, and let’s be honest, I usually decide that showering can wait.

Then there are the days that I have a million things to do but I HAVE to shower and get ready simply because I feel like if I don’t I will let myself down.  In high school I always got up early and showered and looked cute, but in college I now feel accomplished if I get up and get ready.

Some people have a theory that before a big test, if they get up and get ready they will perform better on this test, so why don’t we, as college students, do this everyday?  I know it is because we simply don’t have the time or the fact that we are lazy, but perhaps we should get up and get ready more often–it could help my goal of finding a boyfriend, making better grades, and possibly feeling more accomplished everyday!

So I am pledging to wake up early and get ready at least twice a week!

2 Responses to “Put Away the Hoodies”

1. Hannah on October 19th, 2010 8:24 pm

It sounds like you don’t have time for a boyfriend….

2. Minh on October 29th, 2010 3:25 am

I totally understand where you are coming from. I feel like looking put together is an effort not worth wasting energy on sometimes. But in the end, looking put together might just have some unforeseen advantages, huh? Like doing better on an exam! I feel it’s all about confidence in the end…=]