One of the greatest experiences I have had at the University of Oklahoma was being a part of OU’s Integrated Business Core (IBC) program. IBC offers so many learning experiences as well as the opportunity to meet new people who will become your close friends. With IBC, not only do you get credit hours for school, but you also get to develop your own company, which will look really good on your resume. In IBC, you get grouped with people and start your own company.

As part of the IBC process you make loan presentations, come up with a product, and sell that product to the public. You also learn about giving back to the community with IBC because you donate service hours as well as the money you raise by selling your product. Overall, taking IBC has made me more knowledgeable about how a company runs, how to work in groups, and how to give back to the community. This is something I definitely recommend for anyone!

Cassandra Nguyen
Moore, OK
Class of 2014
Finance major

One Response to “Starting my own company”

1. Robert Harris on October 14th, 2012 3:03 am

Came across your website while doing research for my blog. Thanks for the tips.