Did the semester really start almost a month ago? Inconceivable!

I’m ashamed to admit I have been so overwhelmed by how much catching up I need to do that I have continued in my procrastination and only put myself more behind. For a while, I might make it a habit to touch on one current thing that’s going on and another that passed by un-blogged in the past twenty-nine days.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.
Let’s try this again.

Hello there, Tuscany.

Well hello there, Tuscany!

Ciao a tutti!

My name is Shelby Stillwell; I’m a sophomore currently studying in Italy with the OU in Arezzo program. I am a history nerd and bookworm, a writer and a former theatre kid (though it never really leaves your system). I love stories and adventure, and am on a mission to make my own story one big adventure.

I am currently double-majoring in International Studies and Broadcasting and Electronic Media. After college, I am hoping to go into either International Education (Study Abroad councilor? Educational tour guide? World history teacher?) or Travel Media (Travel Channel? National Geographic? Lonely Planet’s digital media branch?) or some kind of creative combination of the both, which I have yet to imagine. Clearly I don’t have it all exactly figured out yet, but I’m only a sophomore, and I’m working on it. If I have any revelations about it throughout the semester, I’m sure you’ll get to read all about it.

I’m going to leave you at this for now, and if you have managed to get all the way through this introduction I applaud you! I promise it will all pick up from here. I still have to retrospectively tell you about Joust Week, a weekend trip to Cinque Terre, and generally what it’s like to be living in Tuscany (Oh my goodness, am I seriously living in Tuscany??) plus all the adventures to come.

But for now, I have to get back to my homework–yes, studying actually is a part of Studying Abroad, oddly enough.

“Live long and prosper!”
Shelby Stillwell

One Response to ““Time Won’t Let Me Go””

1. Ann Gray on September 17th, 2012 5:23 pm

Shelby, I’m going to enjoy this! I’m so glad that you’re doing this so that we can keep up with what’s going on. I’m so glad that you’re having this adventure!