Hello everyone!

My name is Rhiannon Skye Windsor! I am a new Boomer Blogger. I wanted to tell you a little bit about myself and why I chose the University of Oklahoma!

Well let’s start with a bit of background info! I am from Ada, Oklahoma, which is the middle of Southeastern OK. I am the oldest of four children in my family. I have two brothers, Seth (18) and Shiloh (13) and a little sister (11)! I have always lived on property so coming to OU took a little while to get used to! My mom is a midwife and my dad is a school counselor. I could tell you about all the pets I have but that would take way too long! I work two jobs, not because I have to but because I love being busy. My boyfriend of 4 years has recently joined the US Navy (woot!) and lives here in Norman as well. I am a Head Guard at the OU Pool as well as a cashier at Aeropostale in the mall here in Norman. I have been a lifeguard for 4 years, which led me to become an emergency room RN later in life!

I am a Junior here at the university. I am currently a Pre-Nursing major. I originally came to OU interested in nursing and than changed my mind my sophmore year and began to persue a Pre-Sonography (ultrasounds) route. I quickly realized that I really wanted to be in nursing once again! I will hopefully be attending the OU College of Nursing next fall! After school I plan on becoming a traveling emergency room RN.

I chose OU for many reasons, the first being the outstanding nursing program! I also chose OU so that I could be close to home and yet be able to gain my own independence. And of course I came for Sooner football!!! It has been an amazing experience both socially and academically!

I will post again soon to talk more about my past experiences, especially of when I was a freshman! Thanks for reading and have a super day!

2 Responses to “Introduction!”

1. Melanie M on October 4th, 2010 6:41 pm

Hello, I’m Melanie I live in California and i am a lifeguard and i also teach swim lessons at my high school’s pool and i am hoping to attend OU next year! I was wondering if you could possibly tell me a bit about Oklahoma and the University?
    Thanks
    Melanie

2. Rhiannon on October 7th, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello Melanie!!

A fellow lifeguard!!! Yay!!!

I love Oklahoma. I have lived here since I was 4! There are two things that I love about the state in general. The first being the people. No matter where you go in OK, it seems like you always have that small town welcome feeling. The people in this area are so friendly and generous! The second is the terrain. A lot of people see Oklahoma as being very flat and boring (like Kansas lol) but this is not true! Every corner of Oklahoma is very different! The I-35 and I-40 split it perfectly. In the Northeast we have the plains and tallgrass praries. In the Southeast (where I am from) it is all hills and woodlands. In the Northwest, we have the Little Sahara! And in the Southwest we have our “mountains” (aka oversized hills!) But no matter where you go it is beautiful!

I love Norman imparticular because it is not just a college town. Granted, the city of Norman is strongly based around the university, it is a very family friendly community. There is always something to do outside of campus! And it is a very clean and safe city. There truly is not a “bad” part of Norman.

The University is amazing for several reasons. One of them is the wide array of students. You will get to meet people from all over the world studying everything under the sun! Another is that OU does not hinder its students in any way! We have everything from free tutoring in our brand new study buildings, to the writing center that helps you write papers, to organizations that go with just about every aspect of life! I am currently in the American Red Cross Society, which is something you may consider joining as well!

OU has been rated as having the best freshman experience. The dorms are great and really close to everything on campus! Not to mention they give you the opportunity to meet so many people! President Boren is the university’s Grandpa. He takes such good care of the students and the campus! You can literally go see him anytime you want!

Well in case I haven’t rambled enough, I guess what I should say is that you are going to love it here! Let me know if you have any more questions! I hope this helps! Have a super day!