On Halloween night, I attended a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show with a live cast at the Sooner Theatre. It was by far the best night of my life. At the door, the attendants put a V on my forehead with red lipstick because I was a virgin to the live show. Then, the veterans made all the virgins come to the front of the stage so we could learn the Time Warp. Finally, we had cheer offs for each character hopeful to choose who we wanted to play each part.

As for the show itself, I can’t even explain the fun we had. Of course, we yelled all the normal things at the screen and the characters, but we were also given a bag of goodies to throw at the right moments. We squirted water guns, wore newspapers on our heads, and threw rice, playing cards, toilet paper and toast. It was incredible. The whole time I was thinking, “I’m so glad I live in Norman where there are people like me who enjoy things like this.”

One Response to “Rocky Horror Picture Show”

1. Lindsey J. on November 2nd, 2015 1:14 am

My boyfriend, a rocky horror fanatic, and myself, a rocky horror virgin were lucky enough to get tickets the Halloween show. The cast and crew were fantastic. The background actors were hysterical and their ability to get the crowd involved either by clapping, squirting them with water guns, or pulling them on stage was so much fun.

The cast was incredibly talented, we particularly enjoyed Magenta, Columbia, and the awesome if Raf. We spent a solid hour after the show talking about all our favorite parts. Kudos to the cast for wearing high heels for much or all of the show. (Especially Frank N Furter, you go Frank N Furter). Everyone was wonderful. The stage was interactive and all the costumes fit the character and scene perfectly.

The classic horror film previews along with “Let’s all go to the lobby” commercial from the 40/50/60’s set a fun atmosphere for the Preshow. The audience grab bags were really fun, however, I would be willing to pay more for more interactive items. Only the first half was interactive.

I want to give a special shout out to the audience commentators. Especially the guy in the Orange with all the great comments. Another special shout out to Stephanie S. for spreading awareness of the show to the student body and for making ticket options so easy.