Hey Everybody!!! Hope everyone is doing well! My name is Abby Hulsizer and I am a freshman this year! Now this is my first blog so take an easy on me because this might not be the best!

I just thought I would let all of you in on the top ten secret and not so secret places I love on OU’s campus. These places range from peaceful to insane so be prepared.

10. Gaylord:

I know how much everyone LOVES a little sooner football. But other than games days, we never get to see them doing their thing! Well here is a little secret, the best place to study and get a little football action is the top study room in the Gaylord building. However, there are always a few study groups in there or people working on projects so finding time to go in there may be a bit tricky but it is definitely worth a try!

9. Union

Need a place to study with a group? Don’t mind a lot of talking? Like food? The union is the place for you!! The union is a great place with amazing food and an amazing environment. The booths have large tables great for spreading out everything you could possibly need for a project and there is always a table available.

8. Campus Corner

Food is what every college boy and girl wants. Take it from me! What better is it then an entire line of restaurants just waiting for you to explore. Campus Corner is also full of awesome shops and stores for everything one could possible need! It is great for a Saturday afternoon with the girls or a meal after an intermural game with the guys. There is fun here for everyone!

7. The Spoon Holder

Now every campus has to have a legend they hold dear to its heart. The University of Oklahoma has quite a few and The Spoon Holder is one of them. Legend states that anyone who gets kissed by the one they love while in the spoon holder is destined to marry that person. So this is a great place for any one to check out with that special someone.

6.  The Canyon Garden

This spot here is one that not many people know about. In fact, I did not even know about it for the longest time. This is a very secluded place right next to the clock tower that is only accessible through the library. It is very pretty but can be a little dark. However, the seclusion and cool setting definitely out ways the slight darkness that occurs on occasion. This is definitely a place I would explore if you’re feeling a bit adventurous.

5. Crossroads

One bad side of college may be the late night studying for the hard tests; however, Crossroads in the Union is open 24/7 and is always great for a late night snack or a break from studying with some friends. It contains unbelievable food (especially the chicken strips!) for all to enjoy.

4. Rose Garden

The Rose Garden is an incredibly beautiful spot full of huge colorful roses. The beset times to go are when the roses are in full bloom which is towards the end of October before it starts getting too cold. There are also a few benches located in the garden perfect for a relaxing study session.

3. Duck Pond

If you are ever looking for a pretty spot for a picnic with your friends or that special guy or gal, the duck pond it absolutely perfect for you. It is so peaceful and the water is beautiful and come on who doesn’t like ducks!

2. Bizzell Library

Of course the famous and gorgeous place we so dearly call the library has to be on the list. This is THE PLACE to study. It is always quite and the architecture makes for a very cool environment. However, if yo

u make a trip to the library, you have to go into the infamous Harry Potter room at the very top of the library. It is the quietest place on campus and the view is spectacular!

1.  Stadium

All I can say is, WHO”S READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?! This is the top place to go especially on game day because all your friends will be there and everyone will be showing a little Crimson and Cream love! This is my FAVORITE place on this campus and hopefully it will be all of you all’s soon!

Hope this helps you with your upcoming adventures on OU’s campus!!!

Sincerely,

Abby Hulsizer
Freshman
Fort Worth, Texas
Pre-Pharmacy