What’s up guys! My name is Sam Marino, and I am on the Events Committee for the Class of 2017 Council.  These past couple weeks have been pretty exciting here at the University! Two weeks ago we had Sooner Scandals, and it was an awesome show. The results are as follows:

1st place: “House of Stone” performed by Delta Delta Delta and Beta Theta Pi

2nd place: “Sherlock Holmes” performed by Alpha Phi, Sigma Nu and Phi Psi

3rd place: “1789” performed by Kappa Kappa Gamma and Delta Upsilon

I hope you had the chance to go watch.  If not, there is always next year! But just a tip of advice, the tickets sell out fast, so make sure to get them early.

This past weekend we had the Big Event, and it was a huge success.  Hundreds of students with countless number of organizations went out to do service around all the community in central Oklahoma.  It is awesome that so many people here at the University care so much about the community.  This is just one of the many reasons why the University of Oklahoma is the best university in the nation!

I know I’m not the only one who can’t believe that semester is almost over.  It seems just like yesterday that we came back from Christmas break.  Classes are starting to get tougher, and many students are starting to lose motivation.  BUT DON’T GIVE UP! We are almost to summer break, and we all know that is the best time of the year (besides college football season).  Speaking of football season, the Red and White game is this Saturday, April 12th at the football stadium! Just in case you forgot how last season ended, here are a few pictures to jog your memory:1 2

If those pictures don’t motivate you to succeed, then I don’t know what will. Once again my friends, stay strong in the classroom.  The school year is coming to a close, so give it all you’ve got!  If you do, your summer break will be that much better. I’ll leave you with a motivational quote:

“Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something.  Not even me.  You got a dream, you got to protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it.  You want something, go get it.  Period.”

-Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness