I am horrified about not posting in so long. Sooo sorry. My sophomore year has been just a tad busy, to say the least. I just got done with a 15 page research paper last week and had to immediately get to studying for some Microbiology exams that are coming up next week. Eek, which reminds me. I have a Physics Exam this Thursday.

Ah, gotta love college. But it’s all good. Everything will be fine. Things always seem to get a little hectic during the October-November days.

I’ve decided to blog about a certain position I have on campus. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned, but I am the student teaching assistant for a Gateway class! Gateway is basically a course for incoming freshmen that focuses on educating the students about what college life is all about. But the course is also about finding a good group of friends in your class and starting to gain a support system for college. It’s been pretty fun so far. The Gateway students in my class have been really great and we’ve all gotten to know one another on a good level. The students, the professor, and I all went to watch RENT together and we’ve also had lunch and dinner together. We’re all going to hear President Boren speak tomorrow and we’re planning future events for all of us to get to know each other better.

I loved being in my Gateway class when I was a freshman. I met interesting people and had a great time learning more about life at OU. As a sophomore, I can honestly say that being a TA for this Gateway class has been a wonderful experience and I’m extremely happy I made the decision to apply for the position.

If you’re interested in this Gateway course (which I highly recommend all incoming freshmen take during their first semester at OU), then please visit OU Freshman Programs!

Boomer Sooner!