Big Red Rally is a campus tradition around here – every year, the week before the first home football game, the student body shows up to support OU Athletics. It just happened last Friday and it was a ton of fun! (This year was different because technically the first home game was against BYU, but Big Red Rally was before the first game we actually played in Norman.)

There were about 3,000 – 5,000 people who showed up to get ready for football. You might know this, but football’s kind of a big deal around here… 😉 Football season is so much fun at OU because everyone is so excited for the games and you can feel the excitement on campus!  Big Red Rally kicks off the football season every year!

The OU Mascots showed up and got everyone pumped up for the Rally. The mascots are always CRAZY – sometimes they do back flips! I can’t imagine doing a back flip in a huge horse costume!

OU Mascot at Big Red Rally

Boomer at Big Red Rally

President Boren came and spoke to get everybody ready to support the Sooners in the upcoming football season! It’s always fun to watch President Boren speak; you can tell he’s really dedicated to this university.

President Boren came to speak and get the students ready for the coming season!

Bob Stoops even showed up to get everyone excited for football. Bob’s kind of like a celebrity around here – he’s such a great football coach! I’m not going to lie – I’m a senior and I still text my friends if I happen to see him around campus!

BOB STOOPS!

BOB STOOPS!

And below there’s a picture of some of the CAC people who helped with Big Red Rally (I’m the second from the right). The Big Red Rally Executive team did a really fantastic job organizing the Rally this year… they made this the BEST Big Red Rally EVER! There’s so much work that goes into organizing an event like Big Red Rally, and this year’s team turned out and was so phenomenal, so major props to them!

CAC people at Big Red Rally

CAC people at Big Red Rally