WOW! I cannot believe I am a senior already! It seems like last week I was moving into the dorms and learning about how to get involved on campus. Now I am the Campus Activities Council Chair and love every aspect of OU. I never thought one day I would be in this position leading my favorite campus organization. These first three weeks of senior year have been a whirlwind of activity, starting with my last Howdy Week and ending with my first senior assignment.

To start my name is Valerie Hall and I’m a Public Relations senior from Tulsa, Oklahoma! I love the University of Oklahoma and all the wonderful traditions on campus. The Campus Activities Council plans the 13 largest events on OU’s campus; it is similar to student council in high school. Howdy Week is the first event CAC hosts and this year, with the theme of “Man I Love College,” we welcomed everyone back to OU! We gave them an Oklahoma hello with a movie night in the Couch Cafeteria, a barbecue in Walker Adams Mall, a free Ben Kweller concert and free lunch on the South Oval everyday. It was a wonderful start to senior year and a successful start to CAC.

CAC has taken several steps to re-brand itself this year. We changed the logo and have a new slogan: Bringing College to Life. CAC provides great leadership development and experiences for everyone who gets involved. CAC preserves the traditions on our campus and helps make the college experience even better.

The open house this year allowed more students to get connected with CAC and see what it is all about. Watch this video to see what the open house was like.

The movie premiere for Easy A this week was a great event. The entire Meacham Auditorium was full with people excited to see this movie. The Union Programming Board and CAC work together to bring major events like this sneak preview to campus.

I am excited for the rest of the school year and the other CAC events. I want to enjoy every last minute of my senior year!