The University of Oklahoma: We have it all. I’m sure you have heard this tagline on many OU Recruitment items but I assure you, it’s more than just a saying — it really is true. During my senior year, while I was looking at OU as a potential college, I was definitely swayed by the diversity and opportunities available at OU. I feel that my college experience has included a variety of adventures, opportunities, people, and experiences that I would not have ever encountered elsewhere.

Before I get into too many details, let me tell you a little about myself. The typical details first: I am a  junior majoring in Microbiology with minors in Chemistry and Medical Humanities. I have big dreams of attending medical school and pursuing a dream career involving patient care, health policy, medical research, and dealing with public health abroad. I arrived at OU from Alva, Oklahoma — a small town in northwest Oklahoma (it’s about 3 hours away from Norman). On campus, I am involved in a cornucopia of  activities. Some of my favorites are CAC High School Leadership Conference, Global Medical Brigades, the President’s Leadership Class/Crimson Club, and my sorority. I also love attending lectures on campus and spending a large majority of my time on the fourth floor of the Bizzell Memorial Library (although I am actively searching for new study spots).

Now back to why OU rules. This past week I had the opportunity, due to my job at the President’s Action Line, to host KOCO Channel 5’s news crew when there were on campus during their “On The Road” tour. Driving the anchors around campus on golf carts, I got to thinking about how much I truly love all that OU has to offer. I had the opportunity to tell them about campus history, learn about the College of Journalism, experience the School of Dance and tour the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art. Experiencing all of these stops with KOCO continued to open my eyes to all the new things OU has to offer. I am constantly learning more, doing more, and meeting more incredible people on campus.

I think that any student at OU at some point  has the same revelation and realizes that OU truly does have it all. College is what you make of it and here at OU, you have the opportunity to fill your four years with many adventures and diverse experiences.