Ah my. Dead week is over. Finals week is but a few days away. After finals week, my first semester as a sophomore is officially over. So what to say about this semester? It’s been pretty great. I’ve learned so much in my classes, and who could ask for more than that, really? My Microbiology class has certainly been stressful at times, but I can honestly say that I’ve learned the basics of MBIO and am now ready to take it to the next level! Very excited. As for my Love/Sex/Race class, that’s been so much fun as well. I’ve written two papers that I’m very proud of. That class has really honed my paper writing skills. My Death/Grief/Growth class has given me some time to ruminate and ponder the topic of death and dying. Great class. I recommend it to everyone. I’ve done one creative project and one research paper for that class and it’s really given me the opportunity to not only learn more about death and grief, but more about myself also. Guitar class has been pretty nifty. I’ve learned about chords, how to read tabs and how to play some AWESOME songs. My Gateway class, where I was the T.A., was a success. Everyone bonded and we made some great memories. I’ve enjoyed my semester. I’ve learned so much and have met great people.

And now it’s all coming to an end. . .FINALS TIME. Eek. Very nervous, but then again, not very nervous. I took my MBIO lab finals this past week. INTENSE exam, but I think I did alright. Next week, I have three exams and a 15 page research paper due. How do I feel so far? I’m managing pretty well, I think. I went to a MBIO review session this morning and was surprised to find myself understanding everything my professor was saying. That’s GOT to be a good sign, right? This is one really great thing about OU. The professors really prepare you for exams. Whether that be by holding review sessions or by posting up study guides or just by letting you know that they are always available by email or office hours to help you out. You are really not alone at all during finals week. No matter the stress, it’s always comforting to know that your professors are always there in case you have a last minute question or if you want something explained to you again. Also, they’re so encouraging! My Microbiology professor has really calmed me down about my upcoming exam, because believe me, I was OUT OF IT with anxiety. But I went to visit his office hours and he assured me that everything was more or less straightforward and that my studying habits will serve me well. Awesome. Nothing like words of encouragement to help you out in these times of stress and worry.

But I know that finals week will be over very soon. My first exam is on Tuesday, and this weekend is just going to FLY by. Then my final exam is on Wednesday, and after that, I will be free for a whole entire month to do what I please. What do I plan on doing? READING, READING, READING. I’ve missed my novels too much. Can’t wait. Although now that I think of it, I will kind of miss everything from this semester. I feel just a tiny bit sad…but hey, I’ll be back next semester with new classes and new things to learn. My excitement wins over!

All in all, I have to say that I’ve really enjoyed this semester. I was extremely busy, running all over the place. I hardly had time to do anything but go to classes and study hard for the next exam, but it’s been such an awesome and whirlwind experience, I just can’t complain!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE STUDENTS OUT THERE! And I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Boomer Sooner!