After my first semester has dwindled down and a new semester has begun, there are a few crucial lessons that I learned here at the university that will help me further on in my college career.

1.  OU may seem big, but it really isn’t. I came from a class of 96 to a class of 4,000. That’s some intense stuff, and I was extremely nervous about the classes being too big and not being able to meet people. However, OU is the most diverse campus I have visited and you will find your niche here in no time! The campus is really big at first, but everyone here is willing to point you in the right direction! We’re all nice, we don’t bite, just drop your cool and ask for directions. It will save you TONS of time wandering around campus
  2. Professors are not scary at all. The faculty are here to help you… it’s their job! They are good people and they just want to help you learn and get a degree. So get to know your professor, because you will never know when you need that letter of recommendation!
  3. Get involved! OU has tons of clubs and organizations, there is bound to be one that fits you! Being involved will help you manage your time and meet tons of cool people.

If you have a desire to make an impact, OU has a place for you! I think my best experiences here at OU are with the friends I made in clubs and organizations here. You never know if you’re gonna find your life long best friend in these organizations until you go! So always check out the involvement fairs.

College is a scary place, I get it, but there are so many people here that are here to HELP YOU, so take advantage of ALL your resources and don’t be afraid to make new friends!

Tiffany Stuart
Class of 2016
Ardmore, OK
Major – Public Relations