I come from a very small town called Alva, OK. Growing up, I practically knew everyone and their dogs. When I heard of Camp Crimson, I was very nervous and shy about attending. I was afraid that I wouldn’t know anyone coming in. And worst of all, I was terrified of not making any friends. Well, I could not have been more wrong! Of all the camps I’ve ever been to, Camp Crimson was hands down my favorite! Going into camp I had no idea what to expect, but I was comforted by the thought that my future roommates were going to be present at the Boomer Session also.

As soon as we got there, we were greeted by all the wonderful staff that led us through the exhilarating and lively spirit tunnel. The whole staff was full of excitement and energy. They immediately made me feel comfortable and relaxed. Our small group had a hard time adjusting to all the rush and excitement, but by the end of the evening we all became a tight nit family! From building boats out of cardboards to having a whirlpool in the OU swimming pool, Camp Crimson has several different activities for everyone to enjoy. My personal favorite was the retro dance, a night filled with cat-daddying, teaching people how to dougie, and of course the wobble.

The amount of friends I made through camp made me realize that being at OU helped me gain a new family. The endless conversations, traditions, and of course Club Sweat will always remain dear in my heart. Camp Crimson truly helped me make my life and experience at OU the very best!

Boomer Sooner!

Haarika Reddy

Sophomore

Alva, OK