The big day is finally here. Your car is stuffed to the brim, and you are heading to Norman to send your child off on his/her new college journey. Move-In Day is the first of many thrilling experiences that your child will have at OU, and we are here to break down the 2016 Move-In process.
Dates and Times:
Panhellenic Move-In: Wednesday, August 10 – 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cate and David L. Boren: Wednesday, August 17 – 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Upperclass students also will move in at this time
Adams, Couch and Walker Centers: Thursday, August 18 – 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Be sure your student checks his/her OU email for his/her Move-In time
Important Things To Know:
- Your student needs to pick up his/her Sooner Card prior to Move-In. This is your ticket in.
- Parties only will be allowed to go through the Move-In service ONE time.
- We encourage you to bring no more than two vehicles. If you arrive with two vehicles, it is important that you stay together through the process.
- Don’t come before your designated Move-In time, and don’t come later than your designated Move-In time. We have a set amount of workers for each Move-In time, and we don’t want to overwhelm the process with early or late arrivals.
- Bring snacks and water. The process may take awhile so be sure to keep your energy up.
- GET EXCITED!
- Your student will use his/her Sooner Card to check in at Lloyd Noble Center. Once you are there, we will swipe the Sooner Card and give you a hangtag that contains all of the details about the Move-In process.
- Follow traffic directions to your student’s residence hall. Don’t worry, there will be many volunteers waiting to direct you and answer any questions you might have.
- Once you arrive at the residence hall, you will be greeted by our third-party workers ready to unpack your car. Once they have unloaded everything, they will take it up to your student’s room while you head back to Lloyd Noble Center to park your car.
- Hop on one of the free shuttles, and head back to your child’s residence hall.
- Once you arrive, grab the keys to your student’s new room. If your student is living in Couch or Walker Center, staff will be passing out keys on your student’s floor. If your student is living in Cate or Adams Center, there will be key tents outside of the building.
- Head up to your student’s room and help them unpack and get settled in!
- You and your student can visit the information fair or the Sooner Orientation Weekend tent.
- Once you feel like your student is settled in, say your goodbyes and head on home. The majority of parents leave by Friday.