This weekend was Family Weekend at the University of Oklahoma. (Parents’ Weekend is in the spring.)  My parents drove to Norman on Saturday, and we partook in some of the Family Weekend festivities all over campus.  There is always alot going on on campus the day of a home football game, and this weekend was no exception.  We took a pleasant stroll through campus corner, which seems to be one of the epicenters of pre-game festivities.  Countless tables were set up in the streets, selling food, beverages, and OU apparel.  After enjoying some drinks at a restaurant, we walked to Reynolds Performing Arts Center to watch University Sing.

Commonly referred to as U Sing, this long-standing OU tradition is comprised of mini-musical theater productions put on by pairs of sororities and fraternities.  The cast in all of these performances is made up of freshman members of these Greek organizations, and elaborate costumes and choreography lead to an entertaining spectacle.

The theme for this year’s U Sing was Superheroes.  Watching the Flash, Superman, and other memorable heroes in musical performances was definitely a treat.  The vocal talent displayed was really impressive, and the large group dance numbers looked really cool on the big stage.

After the show, I had to hurry and get to the stadium for the football game.  Because we went to the Saturday matinee show and kickoff was at six, I had less than an hour between the end of U Sing and the beginning of the game.  I walked with my parents back to their car and thanked them for such a fun Family Weekend experience.  After we said our farewells, I quickly walked to the football stadium.  Thankfully, a friend was able to secure a seat for me, and I watched OU completely curb-stomp their opponent.  Hurray for Family Weekend!