In May, several MPGE professors were recognized for their outstanding work and service by two respected organizations – The Society of Petroleum Engineers and the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts.
SPE recognized members who contributed exceptional service and leadership within SPE, as well as making significant professional contributions within their technical disciplines at the SPE regional level. The following faculty members received awards:
- Dr. Catalin Teodoriu – Regional Drilling Engineering Award
- Dr. Carl Sondergeld – Regional Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
- Dr. Saeed Salehi – Regional Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility Award
- Dr. Rouzbeh Moghanloo – Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
- Dr. Siddharth Misra – Formation Evaluation Award
The SPE award winners will be presented to the recipients at an awards banquet to be held in Oklahoma City later this year.
SPWLA honored MPGE Director, Dr. Chandra Rai, with the Distinguished Technical Achievement Award. According to the SPWLA website, “The Distinguished Technical Achievement Award is presented in recognition of exceptional contributions in one or more specific areas of formation evaluation technology.” The award will be presented to Dr. Rai at the 59th Annual Symposium in London later this year.
Congratulations to all of our outstanding faculty members!